The world is changing and so do we. Today a lot of people are no longer satisfied with having a 9 to 5 job to pay the rent. They want to break free and work according to their own terms. Working as a freelancer might give you the chance to do this.
What is Freelancing?
A freelancer is a person who works according to their own schedule and pace. You don’t work for a certain company but you offer your services on demand. Being a freelancer gives you a lot of freedom to do what you actually want to do. If you are not satisfied with working with a certain client, you can easily move on to the next. But is it all rainbows and butterflies? Of course not.
In order to become a successful freelancer, you need to be committed. It takes a lot of persistence and determination to become an expert that others want to hire. Here are some Do’s and Don’ts that can help you in the freelancing world.
- Always make sure that your LinkedIn profile is up to date. Include all the projects that you have successfully finished so that your client can have an idea about what you can do.
- Be honest. You need to be completely honest about your skills and what you can offer to your potential clients. Don’t charge as much as experts do especially if you are not an expert yourself. A lot of clients will be interested in your affordable services and this gives you a chance to learn.
- Do a little research about what other freelancers charge for doing the same job. You don’t want to throw an estimate that your client will find unrealistic.
- Make sure that you have time to work on the project. If you are still a beginner you might be super excited to accept all the offers you can get. But you need to ask yourself if you actually have the time to work on that particular project.
- Get your payment method ready. Your clients need to know that there is a secure method that they can use to pay your money. You could also freelance in e commerce, find some products youd like to distribute like Astell and Kern and turn a profit for yourself.
- Never take credit for something that you haven’t done. The internet is a vast place and your client will know that you are a fraud.
- Don’t tempt your client by setting a deadline that is impossible to achieve. Some clients are unrealistic when it comes to what they want. Remember that it is always quality over quantity. You should tell your client that you need the time to finish the job in the right way.
- Don’t accept a job without knowing all the necessary details. This way you can honestly assess if you can do it.
- Don’t make yourself impossible to reach. Your client needs to know that they can reach you for comments or future jobs easily.
Working as a freelancing can help you realize all your dreams if you do it right. Make sure that you are taking the right steps towards achieving your goals.